As I get more and more engrossed in the new version of SharePoint I thought it would be a good time, to take stock and pop out a little wish list. I will revisit it once I have done my research, played with it more and read ‘most’ of the “What’s New” and “Top 10″ articles available.
Side note: Big Ups to Microsoft for coordinating the release on the 17th, the surrounding resources and community information. #impressed.
Here goes (disclaimer: I haven’t done enough research to know whether these are included or not, but it’s my wish list ‘for now’)
- Managed Metadata availability in InfoPath
- Cascading management of content types (“Where is it in use?”)
- Options for updating templates to include – “Update existing OR Update new”
- FAST to cost less than a formula 1 car
- SharePoint FIS sliding scale giving SME a fighting chance
- Cross site collection CQWP (Note: I know CSWP is available, but silently hope the CQWP will one day give cross site collection info. Query is simply more “instant” than search.)
- “Send to” allowing for selection of destination
- More flexibility in navigation configuration
- Further improvements in the already improved upgrade paths
That’s all I got for now. Let the research, fun and games begin!