Our old friend strikes again… This topic has been written about so much on the net I find it crazy that I’m still finding out little tips and tricks about getting it to work. In any event, I had trouble setting it up this morning and found that after configuring the farm account settings you need to restart the SharePoint 2010 Timer service and complete an IISRESET or simply reboot the server.
Here is the link to the forum post where I found all the goodness:
After completed all the goodness above, be sure to rock an IISRESET. Here is a link to the referenced article:
I got the fright of my life when added a managed metadata column onto my page layout. At first I ignored the error thinking that perhaps SharePoint Designer was playing games. I saved and published the layout only to find an even scarier error message hit me smack in the grill:
This, incidentally was part of the exact same error I received in SharePoint Designer. I’ll start trusting it a bit more in the near future.
After a bit of research, I found that the control was complaining as a result of a missing reference in the page layout itself.
To resolve simply add the following lines of code at the top of your .ASPX Page Layout:
<%@ Register Tagprefix="Taxonomy" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint.Taxonomy, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
There is very little online about this, so a big thanks to Dave from Ironworks for his post.